We are FSSAI Registration Consultants in Kovai Pudur Coimbatore
FSSAI registration or license is required for all entities involved in the production, distribution and transportation of food products. Makemyregistration.in can help obtain FSSAI registration/license.
FSSAI is an abbreviation used for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI license is mandatory before starting any food business. All the manufacturers, traders, restaurants who are involved in food business must obtain a 14-digit registration or a license number which must be printed on food packages.
This step is taken by government to ensure that food products undergo certain quality checks, thereby reducing the instances of adulteration, substandard products and improve accountability of manufacturers. FSSAI Registration is done through Makemyregistration.
Reasons to Register a FSSAI Registration
FSSAI Registration issued by FSSAI is required for carrying on activities related to any stage of manufacturing, processing, packaging, storage, transportation, distribution of food.
FSSAI License can be divided into two categories State level License and Central License. Hotel, Restaurant and medium size food manufacturers are covered under State license. Large size food manufacturers come under Central licensing.
Hawkers and Cottage Industries
Petty retailer, hawker, itinerant vendor or a temporary stallholder or small scale or cottage or such other industries relating to food business or tiny food business operator are exempt from obtaining FSSAI Registration or License.
A separate FSSAI Registration or License required and issued for each location where food is handled. Therefore, an entity may have to obtain multiple FSSAI licenses if it operates multiple locations.
Once a FSSAI License is issued, it is valid for one or two years. Before end of its validity, the license can be renewed for a further term based on the requirements of the business.
Who will require an FSSAI registration?
Any enterprises involved in the manufacture, procurement (import), processing, packaging, storage and distribution of food items will need to acquire this license. Once you register online, the business is provided with a 14-digit registration number. Any food packages distributed or manufactured should carry the registration number.
Types of FSSAI License
Businesses engaged in food activities are required to apply for different type of food license based on turnover, scale of business and the type of activity. Such businesses must apply for either of the licenses (central or state) or simple registration. The criteria specified in rules are as follows:
FSSAI Basic registration
- This is required for small business or startups which have annual turnover below Rs.12 lakhs. Basic registration can be upgraded to state license as your sales graph increases.
FSSAI State license
- This license is applicable to mid-sized companies which have annual turnover between Rs.12-20 crores.
FSSAI Central license
- This license is applicable typically on large business with annual turnover above Rs.20 crores. It is also required in cases where you need to supply at the government offices or import / export food products.
Steps for getting the FSSAI license
One can file the FSSAI application directly with the government. The process is long and requires 30-60 days to get completed:
Fill FSSAI form A on FSSAI website and make the payment for FSSAI application at the FBO nearby your locality.
Once the payment confirmation is reflected in your FSSAI account, you need to file Form B with the government. There are multiple declarations and resolutions that need to be filed with your application. E.g., board resolution, owner self-declaration. These declarations should ideally be prepared by a company secretary.
You will then need to follow-up with the government department for an update on your application. The government may send back your application for edits - if you fail to respond with 15 days of the application, then your application will be rejected.
The government department will take 45-60 working days to completely review your application and approve the same.
Else, you can hire Makemyregistration person for getting the FSSAI license for you. We get license issued in 98% of our cases and save our customers from all the government hassles.
Documents required to obtain FSSAI License
- Photograph of Distributor
- Copy of Identity Proof like Voter ID Card, PAN Card , Driving License,Passport,Aadhar Card , Ration Card, Senior Citizen Card,Department Issued ID.
- Supporting Document (if any ):NOC by Municipality / Panchayat. Health NOC.
Additional document for Manufacturer
- Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit
- List of Equipment and Machinery
- List of food category desired to be manufactured
- Pesticide residues report of water
- Upload Production unit photograph
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FSSAI REGISTRATION
1. How do I renew my FSSAI registration?
FSSAI license can be renewed 30 days before the expiry of original license. You need to provide your current license number to LegalRaasta team. We will re-file the Form A and form B for renewal of the application / license. It typically takes 30-40 for renewal of the license. The government fee is same for renewal as for new license issue.
2. I have manufacturing units in multiple states. Will I be required to get a common license for the company or an individual license for each unit?
You will need a Central License for the registered office of your company and individual state licenses for each manufacturing unit in particular states.
3. I import food items for sale in India. Do I need a license from FSSAI?
Yes, you will be required to obtain a central license from the address contained in Import Export Code. For import export FSSAI central license is mandatory.
4. Is it mandatory for 100% export units to get FSSAI License?
Yes, FSSAI license is mandatory for both export and import of food products. You will need to apply for FSSAI Central License for your export unit.
5. We manufacture only food additives. Do I need a license from FSSAI too?
Yes, FSSAI license is required for any type of food activities including manufacturing, trading, distribution and transportation. Therefore, you shall need a license from FSSAI too.
6. Will license be required for a catering establishment that comes under the Central Government?
Yes, all catering establishments, even those under central Government such as Railways, Airport, Seaport, and Defense etc. will have to get a license from FSSAI. In most cases, such establishments need to get FSSAI central license.
7. What will be the license formality if warehouses are in more than one place but within the same locality (same municipality and same city)?
Even if the warehouses are located in the same city but different location then a separate license for each location is required. However, if multiple warehouses are on the same campus, a single license is applicable with campus address.